 Star Wars / 1940
Re: modifications to SW sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 14:02:42 GMT

On Fri, 7 May 1999 00:18:03 GMT, "Ben Gatrelle"
<ben.gatrelle@nospam-bigfoot.com> wrote:

I'm not sure why TLG is making some of these SW sets in pieces, held together
by connector pegs. Darth Vader's TIE and more recently the engines on the
Naboo Fighter (1). I have substituted a 2x2 plate for the 2x2 tile which
allows the engine to be solidly connected to the body and not flop around.
Well i think it is so you move sections between sets, right now My
Sith Infiltrator has a set of very non-stock wings on there ((hint
they black with blue accents...). Yesterday I had the cockpit from
that Tie Fighter fitted for yet another very different look.

The first major modification I did was to make a "hack" Viper.  First
rip off the laser cannon pieces.  Next remove both upper wings.  Then
remove the hinge pieces from one of the upper wings and stick it
vertically in the center of the back of the former X-Wing.  Voila! a
"hack" Viper.  Not very detailed but quick.
Mike

<snip>