 Star Wars / 17672
Re: EP III questions (spoilers if you haven't seen it)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:39:01 GMT

Yes, you caught the clumsy directing and continuity there!  Unless, in that
galaxy far, far away, pregnancies are much shorter.

And I assumed it was Tarkin, too.

So, the Death Star was "New" in Ep IV (its weapons needed a suitable target for
testing), which means it took Luke's lifetime (18 years?) to complete from how
we saw it at the end of Ep III.  That means they must have started Death Star II
shortly thereafter, say 5-6 years.  But they make it seem like a "surprise!" in
Ep VI when there's a new one, as if they started it after the first one was
destroyed.  Surely the rebels knew there was another one cooking on a back
burner somewhere. It's hard to hide a project of that size that takes 18 or so
years to complete.

And why were Luke and Vader so much less agile than the Jedi in Eps I-III???

My biggest Star Wars question?  At the end of Ep IV, why did the Death Star have
to wait until the planet was out of the way to destroy the moon upon which the
Rebels were hiding?  Oh, yeah, it's because it was a movie.