 Star Wars / 1729
Re: Prices for SW sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 06:10:53 GMT

Jesse R. Long wrote in message ...
Selçuk <teyyareci> wrote >>

X-Wing     : 16 950 000 TL : 43.14 USD
TIE/Y-Wing : 26 750 000 TL : 68.10 USD

Pricey as always (but not too much, as in the case of technic and model • team
sets) as compared to US prices.

Have you considered getting someone to buy over here and ship?  It might be
cheaper if you go surface.  Considering the number of pieces in these SW
sets, I find them to be very inexpensive and quite a surprise.

Yes, they are quite cheap in "Lego Units". And they are not as much pricey
wrt. US prices,too (only 10-12% higher). Actually I have nice friends from
RTL/lugnet for this, but price difference seems as not much to compansate
shipping costs. Considering the size of TIE/Y-Wing set, for example, about
20$ for surface (it takes months) and 30$ for airmail seems reasonable, and
this results in a higher overall cost.

Worse than that, I've saw them just before a visit to my parents with my • wife,
and (as you guessed) the explanation of the packages to the parents was • quite
though..:-)

"Tough," if you mean "difficult."

Jesse

Yes, you are "wright" as always..:-)