 Star Wars / 1717
Re: Prices for SW sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 22:28:42 GMT

They are finally here in Turkey, too, although I could only find TIE/Y-Wing and
X-Wing sets. The prices of them are as follows:

X-Wing     : 16 950 000 TL : 43.14 USD
TIE/Y-Wing : 26 750 000 TL : 68.10 USD

Pricey as always (but not too much, as in the case of technic and model team
sets) as compared to US prices.

Those sets are awesome, and my wife is (still) crazy about the money that I paid
for them..:-D

Worse than that, I've saw them just before a visit to my parents with my wife,
and (as you guessed) the explanation of the packages to the parents was quite
though..:-)

Selçuk

Gintaras Rumsas wrote:

SW Ep 4,5,6 sets finally arrived to Lithuania. I spotted 4 of them
(except Speeder Bikes) in toy chain shop. What striked me - it is price.
I purchased for the begining only Landspeeder. It costs here 12,25USD
(which looks like twice as in US)! Tie Interceptor-Y-Wing costs 97.25USD
which is crazy price for me. Here in our country where average salary is
250USD - SW sets are real luxury.

May be it is the same policy in all European countries for SW sets? It
is intereting how much these sets cost in EU countries.

Other sets here usually cost 1.2-1.3 times more expensive as in US, and
it is general policy. They (managers) explained it as higher
transportation costs and small market.

Play well
Gintaras