 Star Wars / 1730
1729  |  1731
Subject:
12:01a TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 06:28:37 GMT

TRU in Raleigh...  Well, I showed at about 4 mins to opening..  There were
about 150 ppl in line and at least 1 set of news ppl takin photos.  The
doors were opened with, "We've changed our minds."  At which point the first
20 in line made a MAD DASH."  To which, the people, like me, at the end of
the line started laughing furiously.  We started singing, "I don't wanna
grow up, I'm a toys'r'us kid."

There was about 40 feet of shelving with everything in the front of the
store.  And you couldn't see any of it with the crowd.  The 6' long Naboo
fighter hangin from the rafters was pretty nice.  Crowded, lots of stock..

Lego..  Good quantites of all of:  ( - x number, my purch quant.)
    7101 Lightsaber Duel 5.99 - 1
    7111 Droid Starfighter 5.99 - 1
    7128 Speeder Bikes 9.99 - 1
    7130 Snow Speeder 19.99 - 2
    7140 X-Wing 29.99 - 2
    7141 Naboo Fighter 19.99 - 1
    7161 Gungan Sub 49.99 - 1
    7171 Mos Espa Podrace 89.99 - 1

They did not have any of the other sets.  One employee was definitely in the
know about it, he rattled em off..."We do not have Y-Wing, Sith" etc. etc.
and concluded with, "I'm sorry about that."  (Nice touch)  However, they
didn't seem to run out of anything in the half hour I was there.  Ah, those
misguided souls who know not the beauty of Lego and passed ye by.

Oh yeah, prev post mentioned how Naboo Fighter isn't a good resemblance..
True.
Walmart on 70 in North Raleigh was bare of SWLego.

Man it's tired and I'm late.