 Star Wars / 1731
1730  |  1732
Subject:
Zeller's 12:01 report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 06:55:10 GMT

Well, like many others, I just got back from the 12:01 sale - except that here
in Canada, it was Zellers doing it, not TRU - from the crowds at Zellers, I
think TRU is kicking itself.

There was an area set up for it, identical to the walmart display guide that
someone scanned and posted to fandommenace a while back, so it's probably a
universal display - no big ships hanging from the ceiling like someone
reported at a TRU.

I was surprised by the crowds - until someone mentioned that it had been
"advertised" on the 6 o'clock and 11 o'clock news earlier today.  There were 3
camera guys there, and a couple other reporters from newspapers and so forth.

All the Lego was there except for the Naboo fighter - no space for it, and no
shelf sticker.  Lots of everything except the Sith Infiltrator - I got one of
the last two, and while I was debating my morality, someone got the other one
:)  There was only enough shelf space for about 8, though, so I'm not surprised
they ran out.  Plenty of everything else, including space for about 50 of the
Mos Espa set - which was cheaper than I was expecting it to be - only $99.99,
and about half of them were gone already.

Off to assemble, and show up to work bleary-eyed! ;-)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/