 Star Wars / 16785
  "May the Transforce be with you."

In an ancient time, in a distant realm… "Use the Transforce, Sir Luke!" Even though it goes against the natural order of things, and to do so could cause the very LEGO universe to explode and completely blink out of existence, I thought it might be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

(...) That may be one of the coolest things I've seen in a VERY long time. I'm amazed at the amount of hinging and rotating this thing exhibits. I hope I get to see it in person because there is a step or two I didn't follow. Spotlighted! (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

Mike this is absolutely amazing! The X-Wing is quite a creature! Just like Larry, some steps of the transformation, oops sorry, the transforsation are not that easy to catch, and I think some of the pics lead to a wrong link. I am so amazed by the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

(...) Thanks, Larry! The biggest trick was getting everything to line up so that the parts moved without bumping into each, and also so that they’d fit snugly up against each other in both modes. Adding or removing a single plate of height in any (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

(...) Um, yep, that's the one! Thanks! (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

(...) Mike, this is so cool! The idea is pure gold (err..crystal?) and the execution is spot on. I'm not that big on the X-Wing. The bug form is pretty cool, the x-wing form is not so spectacular, but major points on making a transformable craft. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

"Mike Crowley" <count_blockula@attbi.com> wrote in news:HzH6AL.169t@lugnet.com: (...) out of legos!!! (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

(...) I know what you mean. It’s kind of like some of the real Transformers: the vehicle mode is pretty solid with much cleaner lines, but the robot is basically a mess of barely discernable appendages with wheels and wings jutting out here and (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: "May the Transforce be with you."

(...) Slap yourself again, from me. This model is so cool. I mean, so cool. It looks amazing even without transforming. Come on, give the rest of us a chance. (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)