 Star Wars / 16199
Re: New Star Wars (from FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 02:06:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.starwars, Jeremy Scott wrote:
   Quoted from front page of http://www,fbtb.net

First up we have a new UCS Snowspeeder - due in November from LEGO Direct. I’m working on gathering final details, so stay tuned on that one. Also, for those of you who are getting your Cloud City sets (and Marty sends word they are shipping in Australia) you’ll find a surprise on the back - an image of another redesigned set for January of 2004 . . .

A new Millennium Falcon.

I brought this here to discuss. While I am schyed for the UCS Snowspeeder, I do have my opinions on the Millenium Falcon.

What is LEGO doing here? Okay, they have a license that is worth a lot and they need to capitalize on this. OK. There are lots of possibilities around for many new sets (Jawa Sandcrawler, Hoth Playsets, Death Star Playsets, Sail Barge, the list goes on...) but instead, (at least for 2004) LEGO is loading the line with redesigned reissues. (X-Wing and now Millinuim Falcon) While I love the design of the new X-Wing, why couldn’t they do it right once and leave it be?

The 7190 Millienium Falcon is a bad set, I agree. However, for those that spent upwards of $300, it sure is unfair that we now have 2 versions floating around, and in order to stay complete in your collection or keep up to date with your minifig sets, you will have to fork out another $100 to buy Millenium Falcon #2.

I have very mixed emotions on this, what do others think?

Jeremy Scott

I buy LEGO to play and have fun. This is what the core of the LEGO hobby is all about: a great toy to that inspries the creativity in all of us. Nothing make me happier than when someone says “I don’t like the look of that set but look at all the great pieces you get!”. The LEGO is not like baseball cards, coins or stamps where each item is unique and collectible. The people who buy these sets to sell at incredibly inflated prices later down the road (speculators) do nothing but a disservice to the LEGO hobby.

-Orion