 Star Wars / 16198
Re: New Star Wars (from FBTB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 18:30:18 GMT

The 7190 Millienium Falcon is a bad set, I agree.  However, for those that • spent
upwards of $300, it sure is unfair that we now have 2 versions floating • around,
and in order to stay complete in your collection or keep up to date with • your
minifig sets, you will have to fork out another $100 to buy Millenium • Falcon #2.

I have very mixed emotions on this, what do others think?

Jeremy Scott

If you're just into this hobby to have one of everything, you're into it for
the wrong reason.  A guy I used to know went crazy when all the new Star
Wars toys and action figures came out.  He tried to buy pretty much
everything.  I felt sorry for him because he didn't realize that EVERYBODY
else was doing the exact same thing.  You know what that means?  In twenty
years, all the stuff he's bought and packed away is probably gonna be worth
less than what he paid for it because EVERYBODY else will have the same
stuff.

Don't buy something just because you think it'll be worth more later, buy it
because you actually like it.  This kind of speculative buying is the reason
the bottom fell out of the comic book market in the late 80's.

Dave