 Star Wars / 15638
Re: Death Star Modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:36:46 GMT

this could be a kewl project.  I can see a basic idea here similiar to the
moonbase module, why not make the standard a cube size with portals and
elevators standardized that move in all three dimensions.  This way modules
could not only connect outward, but upwards and downwards as well?

great idea!  let me know what you think.

-tk

"ACPin" <ACPin@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:HDvops.zCF@lugnet.com...
After having done a number of DS dioramas, most of the modules have been
raided for parts to do other MOCs. There's a few left which I've been
thinking of combining into one big (not sure of the final dimensions yet)
multi-level structure (probably three levels).

To do this, I'm planning to standardize the sizes of the modules to be • built
into the 32 x 32 baseplates. Connections between the modules will vary
depending on the location. Thus far, here are the modules that I'm • thinking
of including in the structure;

1. Control room
2. Hallways - straight, curved, connectors
3. Gunner room
4. Docking bay for MF
5. Trash compactor
6. Power control room
7. Troopers locker
8. Chasm
9. Detention block

Don't have any timetable to complete the whole thing but I'll start • building
the modules separately and do mods for those that I already got (#1, #2,
#3). Sounds like a lot of work! Does anybody plan on doing something • similar
to this?

Regards,
ACPin & Sons