 Star Wars / 14637
14636  |  14638
Subject:
Star Destroyer Domes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:21:45 GMT

Thank you Bruce for posting Virtu Halttunen's ISD building photos

It rasied an issue with me.  Looking at this picture,
http://tols16.oulu.fi/~mhalttun/stardestroyer/46-BridgeAndDomes.jpg
I noticed that lego used the dome piece from the spaceport and Y-wing sets
that we have known for a while, which was what I expected.  but the base of
the dome seems to be the base of the meteorite piece from the Arctic sets.

I must say that the set does look very excellent but this is a bit
disappointing.  I had been hoping for a base piece to match the top
dome.  I know that Lego need to look at available molds and such, but given
the massive amount of new pieces we have had come out in the last few years
(Bonicial and the like) and not all of them useful I feel that a base dome
piece could have been very appropriate, very useful and quite reusable in
future sets.

just my opinion

Trav (-|-)