 Star Wars / 14335
  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Wowzers! I need to go through those charts:) But I did a quick graphic that seems to indicate that Enterprise is too big, or the ISD is too small. I grabbed some graphics of both and scaled them together: (URL) really have a hard time seeing (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) <geek> You're using an image of a Victory Class Star Destroyer. I think the current discussion is in regards to the Imperial Star Destroyer. :) </geek> ~GAMH (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) LOL! Well, I used this diagram for relative size (not much else) so I needed a side view, and the fact I found this one first. My mistake:). (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) And your scale's off. the ISD is 1600 meters, the Enterprise under 700, so the ISD should be over twice as long. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Using the picture Joe posted, I redid the scales. 1600/641 = ~2.496. With that in mind, I think this picture is a little more on scale. (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Sorry, gang...I used the scale that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Completely forgot the numbers. This looks more reasonable. Thanks for the clarifications! Joe Meno (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Joe, Given the dimensions Adrian posted earlier, I'd say one of your graphics is the wrong size. He's got the ISD at 1600 meters, NCC1701D at 641 meters, just over 40% as long. James (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Sorry, didn't use the actual lengths, but the size ratio that was mentioned earlier in this thread. My mistake. Joe Meno (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Yep, you're right. I used the wrong ratio (which was mentioned in an earlier note in this thread), as opposed to the actual lengths. Oops. Jason Spears has redone and corrected this. And I a little chagrined:) Joe Meno (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

How's this look? (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Hey, don't feel bad. In the haste to solve the important issues of the day, we sometimes jump too soon. James (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Ain't that the truth! Joe Meno :) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Unfortunately, you're still using a pic of a Victory Class SD, which isn't as large as an Imperial Class, so technically it's still incorrect. <gdr> ~GAMH (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Hmm. Still wrong. A Victory Class Star Destroyer is only 900 meters. :) (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Hmmm. Maybe Joe Meno's original pic is the right size, then. Now, where's a good 3-view of an ISD.... James (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Gotta love Google's Image Search. :) (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Yeah, uh huh. You had 'em bookmarked already. Geek. <gdr> Chris <>< (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

'Fess up...we all have this as our wallpaper :) -G (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Okay, smarta@@, how's this: (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) And, just for grins, here's one with a Super Star Destroyer, Star Destroyer, and NCC-1701D on one image, to approximate scale. (URL) I've got to go take my antigeekery meds. James (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

a LEGO version of the super star destroyer at the same scale as the ISD would be like 24 feet long! Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!? _leni (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Well, my latest post, responding to Jason, out-geeked all of ya! James, i'd recommend that you compare the pic in the link below to the schematic in your above link. It shows how horrible and off-scale "schematics" can be! (URL) why I don't (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Actually, it would be 33 feet long (see my previous posts)! -Brian (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) I have to admit it, I've been out-geeked. And on a subject I would never have thought of as controversial. Going home now to polish my pocket protector. It's lost some of its luster... James (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Of course, the real comparison is between the ISD and a Borg Cube :) (URL) it's the comparison to make for a who would win debate ;) -Lucas Thompson (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) No contest at all--the ISD was having problems capturing the little RBR... Borg would eat the ISD for breakfast-- "We are Borg--We now know about 'the Force'--Resistance is futile" ;) Dave K (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

Hey guys, can we FUT this on to lugnet.off-topic.geek ? Just wonderin'. Not meanin' to offend anyone, but let's move it on over there. Chris <>< space. (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Capturing without destroying is far harder than simply destroying, and they didn't have any problems at all. Remember the most of the shots fired were ion cannons not turbolasers. (...) I think you have that backwards. One heavy turbolaser (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Makes me wonder, though-- being that the Borg are a collective of actual living objects, ya gotta wonder if they were transplanted in the SW universe, whether they'd have *fantastic* Force powers. It's not really clear how the Force works, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Interesting. Very, interesting. Then again the Borg never seem to take advantage of betazed telepathy or other "force-like" powers found in the Star Trek universe. Still it is an interesting concept that, like you said, we would really need to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)