 Star Wars / 14290
  Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

For those that haven't seen it before, pictures can be found at: (URL) welcome. Ben Fleskes (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) Dang Ben, thats huge! Great detail by the way. (In fact, the only detail you missed was its supposed to look like a piece of junk, that in no way looks bad. : )) I can't beleive that your gonna' auction it off, its a beaut! Well, on the other (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Ben Fleskes" <benfleskes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H3xLBG.Dov@lugnet.com... (...) Awesome looking design! The only negative thing when looking at the detailed pictures is that many of the bricks are dirty, discolored, and nasty looking. My (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

Ken, have you ever REALLY looked closely at the Falcon? The ship is covered in oil smears, laser burns, and DIRT! It ain't a shiny, new YT-1300. I think the dirt and discoloration adds to Ben's version, especially since the Falcon isn't white to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) So THAT'S why they have a "preview post" option! So I could have seen that I typed "1" instead of "i" in my second "dirty Falcon" link: It should be: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) I've seen it before, but never commented. It's utterly incredible. Jeff J (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

Hi Ben, Your Millennium Falcon was one of my earliest inspirations. You have done some phenominal work, especially in how many different funtions you have packed into it. Do you plan on improving the model in the near future or do you think that (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) Pardon me... <anal mode on> Those six circles are actually engine vents of some sort. The whole escape pod issue (i.e. whether there is one or not, and if so, where is it) is a whole other shebang. </anal> (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) The first time I saw that unbelievable thing waaaaaay back in May of '99: (URL) I shouted from the rooftops that I'd never seen a more impressive, true-to-life LEGO representation of a "real-world" vehicle--MOC or otherwise. Since that time (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

Who says they are engine vents? I wouldn't trust Lucasfilm. Check out my site Geocities.com/SWFalcon30 for more of my opinions on this issue. You'll see that I have contructed an alternative interior network for my Millennium Falcon which really (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) I wasn't referring to anything official. My own personal opinion is that: A) they look just like the vents on top of the slopes at the fronts of the top 4 engines of the Corellian Corvette. Why would escape pods have little fan-blade-like (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) I wasn't referring to anything official. My own personal opinion is that: A) they look just like the vents on top of the slopes at the fronts of the top 4 engines of the Corellian Corvette. Why would escape pods have little fan-blade-like (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

Hi Gregory, The quote you used reffers to the docking rings on each side of the Millennium Falcon, not the six circular "vents." If you look closely, the circular protrusions are not covered in fan blade slits and look rather like solar panels (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) The quote I used, I used for this: "large under-hull box. He has them firing out through the 'floor' of that section. I strongly believe that ALL StarWars ships have very large engines, as a percentage of total ship size. Look at the Blockade (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Gregory Cook" <gfoxcook@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:H65FG8.3G4@lugnet.com... (...) like (...) According to a publication called "The Official Star Wars Fact File", the two large circular openings at each side are escape pods. There are (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

(...) Whether the 90 and 270 degree objects are escape pods, or as has been suggested elsewhere, merely cargo transfer docking mechanisms, doesn't matter too much to me. I merely wanted to disprove the "those aren't 6 engine-related vents, they're (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon back on-line

This is fun! All of this discussion based on a single line from an email. The circle is now complete. We have the Robert Brown camp, the dissenting voice and now someone who has an official guide to Star Wars, as if that means anything. Even though (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.starwars)