 Star Wars / 1313
Re: SW1 Title was: Re: First pics of boxes of all Ep 1 SW sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:10:28 GMT

Terry K wrote:

All you have to do is look at all the old advertising material.  It all says
"Star Wars" period.

Ahh!!! Yes, the original "title" (that is the poster title graphic) said only "Star
Wars" (I don't think they changed this until (did they?) the SE versions.

*BUT*, When the yellow text scrolls up, The earliest version I can find (an
original video tape release from at least before RotJ, bought from a rental store)
are clearly titled:

           STAR WARS

    EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE

[insert introductory text here]

As a side note, the next two movies' logo titles are presented with "The Empire
Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" as the primary titles, and with "Star Wars"
as a sort of "super title" in fairly small text.... however, if you once again look
at the famous "Yellow Scroll", you will see the same paradigm as the original
movie:

             STAR WARS

EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

  [insert introductory text here]