 Star Wars / 12829
    about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Jonathan Wilson
   Here is likely what happened (IMHO) 1.episode 2 product (not just the lego but the action figures etc) is distributed from the manufacturers to the wal-mart distribution centres. 2.trucks go from those centres loaded with stuff for different (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) ...except that the Wal-Marts where I found my sets had them on the shelves. No tags, just the sets nestled in there. It was active restocking. No, I haven't seen any more, so they're probably holding them back now. Glad I bought when I did! (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Jonathan Wilson
      (...) That was probobly some wal-mart employee not knowing that the items werent supposed to be out. Either that or someone found them on the top shelf area and put them on the shelves. (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Dave Low
      (...) When I went to buy Yoda & Dooku I was told "Sorry we can't sell you that -- this was meant to be taken off the shelf -- after September 11 you know..." // Dave (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: about the episode 2 sets —Dave Lovelace
     (...) Me, too... Wal-Mart in Avon, CT had piles of SWII stuff last week, and I made an employee get some down with a ladder. There were also a lot on shelves, too, all priced and ready to go. Also had a Spider-Man set for the Spielberg (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Ray Sanders
     (...) Right, and if they follow those instrcutions about as well as they (the WM store people) did on the 6776 recall, then not much will really happen here. Many WMs still had the 6776s on the shelf *and* scanning at clearance prices recently. The (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Keith Blumenthal
     WalMart HAS put a Sell Not Allowed on the Episode II stuff. However, if they have the sets out on the floor, it's pretty hard for them not to sell it to you. In visiting some Walmarts in my area this past weekend I found 3 stores that had one or (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Scott Lyttle
   Have you tried: -->Some Wal Mart employees don't care about what they are doing? The boxes of Episode II lego I saw were clearly marked "not for display until xx date"... IMHO, only about 20% of Wal-Mart employees *actually care* about paying (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened —Nathan Schroeder
   The reason those sets were out on the floor was the same reason Wal-Mart is so successful. See, Wal-Mart can have lower prices on things because they have no inventory in the back. They have 99.9% of their products on the floor, so they can dedicate (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)