 Star Wars / 12832
Re: about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 02:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Here is likely what happened (IMHO)
8.lucasfilm corporate tells wal-mart corporate to tell all stores to
remove any episode II product from the shelves and put it into the back
room or whatever. (probobly with "if you dont do this, we wont let you
sell any more starwars stuff" or something)
then 9.the wal-marts remove the episode 2 stuff from the shelves.

Right, and if they follow those instrcutions about as well as they (the WM store
people) did on the 6776 recall, then not much will really happen here. Many WMs
still had the 6776s on the shelf *and* scanning at clearance prices recently.
The only thing that stopped them from being sold (usually) was a 'Sell Not
Allowed' that corporate put into the pricing database. That effectively stopped
the sales (again usually) at the checkouts. I'm surprised that WM has not done
that type of stop to hold these items until the release date.

Ray