 Star Wars / 12829
12828  |  12830
Subject:
about the episode 2 sets, my thoughts as to what happened
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 01:17:02 GMT

Here is likely what happened (IMHO)
1.episode 2 product (not just the lego but the action figures etc) is
distributed from the manufacturers to the wal-mart distribution centres.
2.trucks go from those centres loaded with stuff for different wal-marts
in that centres catchment area, episode 2 product is among the items shipped
3.included with this is instructions from somewhere not to put it on the
shelves for sale yet
4.stock of eps2 stuff arrives at wal-mart xyz
5.for whatever reason the stock is put on the top of the shelves instead
of in the backroom
6.some customers notice this and manage to get it down, then attempt to
purchase this. Some stores (especially when faced with die-hard fans
that steadfastly refuse to leave without the item) accually sell the
items to the customers.
7.word gets out to lucasfilm that some wal-marts are selling the episode
2 products before the official "release date" for epII licenced products
8.lucasfilm corporate tells wal-mart corporate to tell all stores to
remove any episode II product from the shelves and put it into the back
room or whatever. (probobly with "if you dont do this, we wont let you
sell any more starwars stuff" or something)
then 9.the wal-marts remove the episode 2 stuff from the shelves.