 Star Wars / 10881
Re: Interview with LEGO at Toy Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:54:51 GMT

Duane Hess wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:

We all (and that includes LEGO) know that those pieces are there to represent
guns.  I don't think that making little Star Wars guns is going to make any
real difference in how the sets are perceived by *anyone*- except maybe that
people will think they are slightly cooler.

Quite to the contrary. I would hope that they have gone back to their core
values.

A distiction that I make (sort of a line in the sand if you will) is that
pre-molded guns take no imagination to create, where the megaphone guns are
a conglomeration of pieces taking imagination to build and use.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the 'camera' piece being used
as a gun int eh Snowspeeder?

(Personally, I'd be a lot happier if they had used that piece rather than the
megaphones.  Sure, it's out of scale, but so are the lightsabers - and it just
looks more like a SW rifle to me.)