 Star Wars / 10747
  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) attractions are clear: a chrome exterior, definitely Amidala, Ric Olie, and R2-D2; possibly Obi-Wan, Panaka, and R4-D5 (gotta get more use out of that mold. . .). This would be an entirely doable set as a scaled-down version (like the Falcon). (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) I agree with you on the second point, but I don't think we've seen the last of 2001 Star Wars sets. The Millenium Falcon wasn't announced at the beginning of the year last year, was it(I could be mistaken on this)? I wouldn't be at all (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) I don't consider the chome exterior to be part of the list of "attractions". While I'd love a pile of chrome bricks, the hull of the Nubian ship is smooth and sleek, and I don't think they'd do it that way. We'd wind up with a chrome SPUD (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) <snip> (...) Don't forget Qui-Gon and Jar Jar... since they've been in every Episode 1 set so far ;) That said, I would really love this set... visions of various chrome pieces dance in my head. Of course it would probably end up being done in (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) The Nubian sounds cool, but the problem with chrome pieces is that the “chrome” is painted on and isn’t very durable. And all chrome? Not very likely, but a nice dream… And it would have to be chrome on the inside as well(if large enough to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Kaadu (...) I (...) I was at Mall of America today and stopped by the Lego display. They have a Star Wars one up with a Tauntaun in it. Since every other model in the case was released (AT-ST, A-Wing, Falcon, etc. . .) I'm guessing it's going (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Do you mean, a solid Tauntaun like the Kadu, or a bricks Tauntaun? Bricks are better... There are also very nice SW models in the Orlando LIC . Hoth stuff like the big "satellite" dishes and the power generator. And cool stuff like Death Star (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

I'm not sure if this was pointed out before, but did anyone see this eBay (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Oh, they're releasing that one for sure!!! I'm putting my money down for this release!. That's a mold tauntaun. They're NOT just going to make it and then just trow it away. Check out my falcon at: www.brickshelf.com/g...rwarslego. More pics (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Unless they've changed it since the last time I was there (August 2000) the Tauntaun is made from bricks. It was a three part diorama, one part was from ANH and had Luke on Tattooine watching his aunt+uncle get crispy, with some Jawas looking (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) uhm... that's not an official piece, someone custom made it from a Lego dragon... here's a quote from the auction: "lego custom made Star Wars Han Solo figure with gun and a Tauntaun beast" From the pictures it looks like it's very well done, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) That's the one. Hasn't changed a bit. Rob Ingersoll (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) to increase the viability of MAKING a tauntaun. Lego might just pull out the dragon molds from a couple years ago, wipe the dust off, and alter them slightly. Voila! There's a tauntaun! There could be hope after all.... My prediction for a set (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)