 Star Wars / 10436
10435  |  10437
Subject:
UCS Inspired Minifig Scale T-65 X-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 02:47:03 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I just posted to the Brickshelf Gallery my minifig scale version of the well
known Star Wars T-65C X-Wing fighter. This design was heavily influenced by
the Ultimate Collector Series 7191.

It is a different challenge building details into minifig scale as opposed
to UCS scale, but all the major items are there: proton torpedo tube, proper
length laser, laser flashback suppresor and cooling sleeve, the "T" in front
of the engine to brace the retro-thrust nozzle, and the deflector shield
generator behind R2-D2.

This model even has one item that the 7191 doesn't have - retractable
landing gear. I posted to rec.toys.lego about the retractable gear
modification to the 7140 almost 20 months ago but never got pictures up - my
apologies to those who asked to see them so long ago.

Total piece count is 498 "elements". 444 for the X-Wing, and 54 for the
stand, plus 4 trimmed stickers from 6454. (I'm not a big sticker fan, but if
Lego could use stickers for 7191....) Pictures are at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MarkChan

or check out the recent additions in Brickshelf.

Please let me know what you think!

Mark Chan
I've been lurking on LUGNET for 2+ years, but this is my first post here.
What a great community. Thanks Todd!