 Star Wars / *9413 (-20)
  Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....

(...) Nah, I think it only comes with 3 and that is Palp in the cockpit(multitalented guy, eh). The red looks like flash flair. My picture looks like his hands are yellow in the cockpit. Just my opinion. Jason F. (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I hardly think so. The alternative would be to have new molds for the specific parts like the Stormtrooper helmet or hands or feet or... Do we want that? (I don't.) Another alternative would be to have large stickers or printed parts to make (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I dunno: seems like it'd be awfully drafty... Ran [Imagining a ring of minifig archers surrounding a Technic-walled castle, cackling "Haha! Baldur was right: it *is* just like shooting fish in a barrel!"] (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Ahh but TLG's designers Arn't limited to the "currently available range of LEGO pieces". They can design new parts if needed. I think the main problem is the head and all that would have required is some sort of molded mask that looked like a (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) I think thats probably as close as you are going to get to what happened. I have a feeling these will be on clearence in no time. (...) No thats saying something comming from you!!! (...) Agreed, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Emperor Palpatine

Has any one else noticed what looks to be like 2 sets of hands for him in the shuttle set? It seems that he has black ones, but if you look close there appears to be a yellow set too. One attached to his "cane" and the other "floating" inside his (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

This isn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular, but given the currently available range of LEGO pieces that have been seen in Technic sets lately, could anyone out there have done better? TLG's designers did a reasonably good job, given (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) (URL) should work. That's a pretty slick rendering. It's too bad we don't see what the back end looks like yet... -Bryan (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I am really looking forward to this set, not as a set but as a parts pack. Its the only set to date that has the small decorative panels in white. It also has a number of other parts in white and some in black. Plus its the only set that has (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I completely agree. They are plain ugly and utterly disappointing. And I can't see any mechanical functions other than the stupid launching thing in the hands of trooper. They don't have even the elegance/close resemblance of the same series (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) Sorry to tell you this but your link is dead. Greetz, Jay Oh before I forget I made a povray of the shuttle (I don't know if I got it exactly right but it's close) here: (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) C-3PO is the better of the two, but they're both pretty bad. I think the problem here is both sets were guys in suits, as opposed to last year's technic droids which were all cgi constructs. Plus, half the appeal of last year's droids was that (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Life on Mars

Anybody know about the big hoses in this picture: (URL) looks like some kind of new "pneumatic" system... I wonder what kind of things shoot through these... We're also getting some big purple radar dishes... yeee! And it'll be cool to make some (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: about chewie in the atst

(...) Actually, if you look at the picture very closely it looks like just a standard smiley. I think the "markings" you're seeing are just an effect of lighting through the cockpit "glass." Besides, the Emporer would never pilot his own shuttle... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  What is with the Technic C-3PO?

The first thing that came to mind: (URL) it'll be a warm day on Hoth that I buy one. --DaveL (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

Some of both I'm sure : ) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  4th Imperial shuttle figure....

Look closely at the cockpit - (URL) - there is a darkish figure with a yellow smiley and what looks like a red hand. Nice to have a fourth figure for our $30! Maybe there is hope for an AT-ST pilot or two. Other $10 sets so far (Naboo Swamp and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

Phew, that's a relief! Thought I was the only conservative left in Technic Lego... Duq "James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message news:G30A3o.A1x@lugnet.com... (...) sure that (...) prefer good (...) plastic (...) of (...) someone (...) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

Almost completely agree. I just think the battle droid is an awesome bit of engineering. The other droids are overpriced merchandising. Then again, what do you expect when paying for two badges? Duq (...) worth (...) bet (...) has (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) It's not that -- it's that it doesn't look like a Stormtrooper. --Todd (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact