 Star Wars / 9401
9400  |  9402
Subject:
Life on Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:36:48 GMT

Anybody know about the big hoses in this picture:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/2/sys07.jpg

It looks like some kind of new "pneumatic" system... I wonder what kind of
things shoot through these...  We're also getting some big purple radar
dishes... yeee!  And it'll be cool to make some neon-pink battle droids... <G>

I like the Life on Mars sets... they're certainly alot cooler than the
Insectoid stuff.  They remind me of the good olds days of Lego Space... :)
Plus Lego's doing some mechs now too!

Of the Star Wars sets the TIE and the Shuttle look very similar to how I
expected they would look.  The ATST is a nice surprise however... I actually
like the look of this set, I think it will make a nice addition to the SW
line up.  It would've been nice if the colors were a little different (same
deal with the shuttle, and most of the other sets) but for a low-cost TLG
effort it's pretty good.  Hopefully they'll kick out a UCS ATST within the
next couple of years.  Watto's junkyard looks to be a decent set, I'm
actually pleased with the Watto minifig and it looks like there's enough
"junk" to build a second podracer.  The droid escape looks phenomenal, I can
see myself getting several of these, and the Battle Droid Carrier will be a
cheap way to build up an army of Battle Droids (yeah, I know we've all got
tons of 'em already, but you can always use a few more... ;)  Here's hoping
that Lego will be as generous with Stormtrooper minifigs in the upcoming
years as they have been with Battle Droids.

Overall I'd say the new lineup looks pretty good.  Now we just need a
"conventional" Lego minifig set featuring Imperials... 4 Stormtroopers and 2
Royal Guards for $5.99... I would buy at least a hundred of 'em... (heck,
Lego should just do 6 Stormtroopers, they'd sell billions.)

-Bryan