 Star Wars / 9404
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:17:48 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
This has to be one of the ugliest things I have seen!  If they didn't tell me
what it was I would have never guessed it was a Stormtrooper.

I don't get it either.  It definitely is ugly, and I agree, I wouldn't have
been able to guess what it was if a third-grader showed me and made me guess.

I completely agree. They are plain ugly and utterly disappointing. And I
can't see any mechanical functions other than the stupid launching thing
in the hands of trooper. They don't have even the elegance/close
resemblance of the same series of sets of last year.

I guess I don't understand any of these technic maxi-figures.  I bought a
Battle Droid to see what kind of tan parts I could get, but it wasn't worth it.
I didn't buy the Pit Droid or the Droideka sets, either.

You might be correct about the others, but destroyer droid is not with
in the same class with them. Actually, DD has the most complex and
intuitive mechanisms I've ever seen in a technic set. And all with no
gears, no bricks. Being an old fashioned technic fan (I prefer technic
bricks to studless beams under any circumstances) I'm not comfortable
with the not-so-lego look of the newer sets, but I should admit that I
simply amazed with the destroyer droid set.

Selçuk

C-3PO look intseresting mostly because there are some cool gold bits, but...

I dunno.  What the heck is the point of these things?

eric