 Star Wars / 9412
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:17:47 GMT

"Geoffrey Hyde" <ghyde@ledanet.com.au> writes:

This isn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular, but given
the currently available range of LEGO pieces that have been seen in
Technic sets lately, could anyone out there have done better?

I hardly think so.  The alternative would be to have new molds for the
specific parts like the Stormtrooper helmet or hands or feet or...  Do
we want that?  (I don't.)

Another alternative would be to have large stickers or printed parts
to make the figure look more like a Stormtrooper.  I guess most of you
would dislike that even more.

I think this way of building is really interesting.  It is quite
different from "traditional" LEGO building, in which you use blocky or
primitive shapes to approximate whatever you want to model.

The same building technique is used by Ashley Glennon who made a
"cybird" from the parts in the DDK:

If anybody constructs a more realistic looking Stormtrooper figure (or
anything else!) using the same kind of construcion technique, I would
be very interested in seeing the result!

Fredrik