 Star Wars / 9410
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
This isn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular, but given the
currently available range of LEGO pieces that have been seen in Technic sets
lately, could anyone out there have done better?  TLG's designers did a
reasonably good job, given that a lot of the parts in the Technic collection
would be difficult to integrate into LEGO models of the two that they are
integrated into in these examples.

Ahh but TLG's designers Arn't limited to the "currently available range of LEGO
pieces".  They can design new parts if needed.  I think the main problem is the
head and all that would have required is some sort of molded mask that looked
like a Stormtrooper.

The rest of the body isn't up to snuff either but if its head at least looked
Stormtrooperish I think there would be a lot more acceptance of it.

I plan on buying a couple of each - they will be a good source of Technic
parts - one can never have too much.  :-)  I think they will be good for US
buyers and may be seen at discounted prices, when the stores start clearing
the slower moving stocks out.  This is speculation, of course - they haven't
been released yet - but given the current trends that is what should happen.

Well that may be true but I am not a big Technic fan and would have only bought
these for the Star Wars hitch and LEGO lost me.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/