 Star Wars / 9417
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:29:35 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> writes:

Ahh but TLG's designers Arn't limited to the "currently available
range of LEGO pieces".  They can design new parts if needed.  I
think the main problem is the head and all that would have required
is some sort of molded mask that looked like a Stormtrooper.

I don't understand this.  You said that you liked the minifig
Stormtrooper, which is basically a new mold and some new printed parts
(I suppose).  And you would also like a the larger Technic
Stormtrooper to have new molds to make it look more like a real
Stormtrooper.  But if every new set has new molds then it would hardly
be LEGO anymore, would it?  You couldn't use the parts from a
Stormtrooper set to build anything except a Stormtrooper if the
majority of the parts where molded to look like various parts of the
Stormtrooper outfit.

I'd say that if you want a realistic looking Stormtrooper toy figure,
you should get a non-LEGO action figure.  I wouldn't like an
evolvement of LEGO sets in which the bricks from a set can't be used
to build anything except what's on the box image.

But I suppose this is a matter of taste...

Fredrik