 Star Wars / *11168 (-20)
  Re: Building habits

(...) I tend to work on Lego ships for weeks and in some cases months until I am completely satisfied with it. Then I rebuild it in MLCAD, will do some experimentation with different color schemes, create picture instructions, rendings in various (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Hmm, my building habits are.... Right now I'm primarily in sorting mode. Unfortunately unless something happens to really make me stop buying it may be a while before I get caught up (though I am slowly catching up). I have done some building (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

I have a tendency to let the models I build accumulate, until I reach the point where I can't bear to see all the pieces that are unavailable. Then I tear apart practiaclly everything, except a few of my particular favorites... of course I'll even (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

That's awesome Dan, you definitly have the touch on your carriers. They keep sneaking up on me. The exterior detailing is absoulutely incredible. Well done once again. I love the burp usage btw. (i'm envious too :) Jeb (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Hehe.. that's cool. Though that does require the procurement of more bricks. Something that is a bit costly to me. Right now I'm in the "hey... I've been acquiring bricks for the last 3 years and now that I have space to build, let's see just (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Joel Jacobsen <jacobsen@oar.net> wrote in message news:GAxE4G.Bp4@lugnet.com... (...) one? (...) tear (...) needed? (...) them. (...) that (...) I'm in the catagory that builds, photographes, and leaves until I need the parts. Gary (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Jacobsen writes: <snip> (...) Well I do one of three things... 1. Build, photograph and keep. These are mostly creations for... a. My son's Shelf Railway b. NELUG Train Layout c. Brikwars stuff that kicks butt d. A few (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

I'm in the build, photograph, then put the model up or away somewhere and buy new Lego mode. It's just too much trouble usually for me to take apart and re-sort one of my models. I'm sort of lazy that way too. I hate sorting... Bryce (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Good question. I'm of the build, photograph, and disassemble school of thought - most MOCs stay together for a few weeks and then get recylced back into the collection. I don't cannabalize models for the parts I need - once it starts to come (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Dust is also an issue with my models. Not the mention the ill effects of exposing white pieces to too much light - yuck! That's why I treat my limited supply of white elements as if they were photosensitive paper; I cover them up and only use them (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) That's me. I've got diddly squat for display area, so the vast majority of what I build (especially big stuff) comes apart when I'm done. Currently built is... umm... James Jesiman Memorial Park, and the watertower behind it. (URL) my Colonial (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  RE: Building habits

(...) I agree, although I usually try to put that phase off as long as possible now that I have a digital camera. I cannibalize models when I need the parts, until at some point my models get too dusty (ie, up to two years :P). Then I tear them (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Good question! (...) You left out: Build, copy with improvements using another set of pieces, cycle till you are happy, then keep the final iteration together "indefinitely" That's me. I have everything I've ever built that was any good (and some (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

I guess I fall into the "Build, photograph and tear down to build anew" category. Putting ones MOCs into .DAT file format greatly eases the heartbreak of having to destroy ones models for future creations. Or so I think... ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Jacobsen writes: (To everyone) Do you keep models built until you have no choice but to tear (...) I try to keep my models together as long as possible. The more models I can have built at the same time the better. : ) Since (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Building habits

After looking once more at Dan Jassim's latest minifig carrier, a question came to mind I wanted to ask him but it could also be posed to everyone. Just to satisfy my curiousity, of course. :) (To Dan) Did you have to tear down your original carrier (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) yes, it would... Once the base database is larger, I could interface it with the public set lists from lugnet (why keep the data twice?), and you'd be able to type in your member number, and total up your pieces... or even do a limited search, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) Oh, sorry shoulda said specifically just in light grey... that's actually where I got 4/5 of the ones I listed. Very handy, BTW... (now it just needs MySQL'd! -- someday maybe you can feed it a set list and find out how many of a particular (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) yah, there's a few other :) (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) 2 in 6073 Knight's Castle (1984) 12 in 6085 Black Monarch's Castle (1988) 4 in 6086 Black Knight's Castle (1992) 1? 6076 Dark Dragon's Den (1993) 4 in 1785 Crater Critters (1995) I'm sure there are others, but I wasn't THAT bored :) DaveE (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact