 Sports / 83
RE: LEGO Foosball table
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports, lugnet.build, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:07:08 GMT

What would it take to build a little Foosball table out of LEGO elements?
Let's say it used the Football/Soccer ball and maybe include some of the
minifigs.  For the bars and knobs, could Technic axles be used and extended
at key points where the players stand?  What's the longest Technic axle ever
given in a set, and are Technic axles rigid enough to stretch, say, 40 cm.
across a board?  Just some thoughts...

Well, The axles don't have to range freely across the board, so if you're
willing to GLUE them to axle connectors, you could make them any length
you want, but the range would be limited by the longest axle. (12 LU I think)

But how are you going to put them through the minifig torsos!!!!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com