 Space / 9957
Re: A new ship (Ves-X)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
I have heard a couple of times reguarding recent ship designs I have drawn
that they have an aquatic feel to them... I'm not sure if that is good or
bad or neutral as critisizm?  What makes it feel 'underwater', because I'm
not really sure why people are interpreting it that way?

IMO, it's not a bad criticism, at least not from me. Though in real life in
space it might be structurally acceptable for a hemispherical viewport, it
reminds me more of the viewports found on underwater craft I've seen in
movies (specific examples elude me :)

But don't let my comments stand in the way if you like the way it looks.
Your ship is well done. And anyway, ships are often function specific so
maybe it has required features that make it look that way.

-Tom McD.