 Space / 9946
Re: A new ship (Ves-X)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 02:32:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Your ship is the official winner of:

The Coolest Ship Mark Has Seen In A Long Time Award.

Dude.

awesome!  do I get a .gif?  hehe j/k

Man, I wish I could hold that in my hands and just turn it over and over and
look at it. Jeez.

my door's always open to visiting AFOLs.  The last time I held a fest for
Milwaukee only Tim Courtney and his buddy Brandon showed up tho.  It was
great to meet them and see their cool space destroyer, but a little
disappointing in that a lot more people promised to show.

I really dig the cockpit. Not many spaceships have the cockpit on the bottom
like that. And the facets around the bubble are a nice touch as well. The
swivel-y front engines are excellent, and give the ship a feeling of speed
and maneuverability. Very sleek. You have also struck a nice blend of detail
and smoothness to the hull.

thanks!  glad you like it... I was actually inspired to build a lot of
detail greeblies into it after refreshing my memory of a few of your ships,
namely the Bricru and the Cowboy Beebop inspired Frieghter.
You may notice a little of Spike's Swordfish II in the Ves-X, also.  I love
the designs in that show to no end.  Except for Jet's ship which is just
ugly... but I think they wanted it to be so <shrug>.

I would like to see a photo of the boarding ramp angle, however, showing the
access to the interior. Also, what kind of ship is this? Personal transport
of some kind?

I actually had about 25 or pics of it that didn't turn out, so I will be
re-taking them eventually.  I had some pics of the lights inside the
cockpit, the rear ramp, and the interior that just weren't postable.

I originally wanted it to be a dogfighter or light assault craft, but as I
developed the tech in my storyline, the way battles work outmoded a craft
like this for anything but transport.  Right now it exists as the fastset
shuttle used by the highest ranks of the I.F. (a special military force).
For defense it has powerful energy shielding, glitter fog, E/M/G noise
generators, and anti-projectile lasers.

It is capable of 2 types of thrust, hyper-grav (the standard for most of my
space ships), and M/A engines.  The M/A are seldom used, and are backups in
case the main engines fail.

cheers!
Joel K