 Space / 9993
Re: A new ship (Ves-X)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:17:04 GMT

i have to say that i agree with everyone above, this is literally _the_
coolest ship i have seen yet, although it would be nice to have a smoother
top to the main white body, i question the purpose and placement of the
white hatches on the sides of the cockpit, and the warp nacelle thingies on
the side is seen too often IMO (although yours is very nicley done, with the
2x2 curved bottom pieces breaking up the usually flat surfaces), but
everything else more than makes up for it.  i especially dig the forward
thruster pod, its utilitarian and lends a lot to the realism of the ship,
and of course the cockpit and its placement.  i like the forward landing
gear too, as well as the read hatch.  nice use of the 2x4 grey wheel cover
plates on the top surface, too. i also agree with the coments about concept
sketches.  i have an inexplainable fetish for concept art, so yours was a
treat.i look forward to the graphic novel. sorry for all the criticism, but
seriously, its absolutly astonishing work!

-David
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=ktaark

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
Hiyas,

This is a ship I have had in my head in some form or another for along time,
and I was able to build it this weekend finally after getting a couple parts
necessary to do it the way I wanted to.  I also have some sketches numbered
sequentially to show how the design changed over time, and how I tried
different styles to represent the tech.
I am really happy with this one, I actually like it far more than the
BenGrace.  First, it didn't take weeks of building, and second I was able to
get all funky with some SNOT design and tile the tops so the only studs
showing are the ones that I wanted or couldn't cover due to hinges in the way.
This ship will eventually appear much like you see it here in my graphic
novel, as I actually built this as a reference model of sorts.
I'd love any input good or bad, or any questions, of course.

Cheers!
Joel Kuester
http://minispy.tripod.com