 Space / 9915
  A new ship (Ves-X)

Hiyas, (URL) is a ship I have had in my head in some form or another for along time, and I was able to build it this weekend finally after getting a couple parts necessary to do it the way I wanted to. I also have some sketches numbered sequentially (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) I like it. IMO, it almost has an underwater feel to it. And yes.. it's amazing how much faster the construction goes the clearer the design is in your head. -Tom McD. (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) yeah, no kidding! I started this at 4 in the evening and worked until about 2am, then worked on it from 10 am to 5 pm the next day. so 17 hours total not including breaks. I have heard a couple of times reguarding recent ship designs I have (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

Wow! I am very impressed by the originality of this craft's design. There's too much cool stuff for me to talk about, so I'll just say this: I am in awe of your ability to make detailed and creative space MOCs. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

Great to see some more pictures of the ship! Also cool to see your sketches. I think we should all show sketches like this more often. -Jon (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) Your ship is the official winner of: The Coolest Ship Mark Has Seen In A Long Time Award. Dude. DuuUuUuUuuuuuUUde. *drool* *drooo...ooo*gasp*ooo...ooolll* Man, I wish I could hold that in my hands and just turn it over and over and look at (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) I have several in yellow. I'd like to make a tug version of this. May I glean your cockpit idea? where did you get those dumptruck parts in grey, anyways? Do they come with the tie interceptor? ~Trev Astro Lift Co. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) thanks Mladen! I dunno why you would be in awe tho... you've done some great stuff yourself. :) cheers! Joel K (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) yeah! that would be cool... I wanna see how you developed the Bardiel! and everyone else... I know there are a lot of talented artists here. I think it would be great to share your sketches of your favorite ships! cheers! Joel K (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) Joel, That is truly an awesome design. It's different and looks like it really has a purpose. Todd Trotter (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) awesome! do I get a .gif? hehe j/k (...) my door's always open to visiting AFOLs. The last time I held a fest for Milwaukee only Tim Courtney and his buddy Brandon showed up tho. It was great to meet them and see their cool space destroyer, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) I was going to say that it looks very "Cowboy-Behop-inspired" but didn't. I didn't want to speak for you. Now that I know, even more kudos! Bebop rocks! (...) I.F.? Like in _Ender's Game_? Gonna build a Battle School? ;-) Remember: the enemy's (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) sure. I would be interested to see how others handle some of the problems I had with it. Thanks for asking tho :) (...) the Polar Base. That was actually the part I was waiting for to build this ship. I had to get 3 of 6575 for the 5 wedges (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) yeah, I thought after I finished building that the Ves-X looks like the mutant lovechild of the Swordfish II and the X-wing from Star Wars. (...) sorry, I have to admit ignornace. I have heard of Ender's Game, but haven't seen it/read it. I.F. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) ship, and I just wanted to say it's really cool! You combined Lego style and anime to great effect and you seriously have to do more! I was especially impressed with your color skills. Manga computer coloring has always been a problem for me, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) IMO, it's not a bad criticism, at least not from me. Though in real life in space it might be structurally acceptable for a hemispherical viewport, it reminds me more of the viewports found on underwater craft I've seen in movies (specific (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

wow, that's one big greeblie (greebly?) the whole thing, really. :-D pretty much the exact opposite of Todd Trotter's style (as in his Sighthound Recon). I like 'em both. :-) -p (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

i have to say that i agree with everyone above, this is literally _the_ coolest ship i have seen yet, although it would be nice to have a smoother top to the main white body, i question the purpose and placement of the white hatches on the sides of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) - but I have to hand it to ya: I am totally at a loss on how you got those grey arctic doors mounted. Could you give this artistic novice some insight? I farted around with those pieces for over an hour and a half - no luck. What's the secret? (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A new ship (Ves-X)

(...) MUAHAhahahahaha! ahem. actually my secret is: (URL) 2 1x2 brickhinges. between the panels. The VES-X is also 2 ship tops combined in the middle to make one ship. There are no undersides on it. That's part of the trick to mounting those parts. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.space)