 Space / 9240
Re: space rereleases...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:13:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark de Kock writes:
In lugnet.space, Adam Murtha writes:
I think the Ice Planet theme would be a good idea, but I have all the sets
that I want from that theme, except maybe the large ship.

Sadly, I have all the sets of Ice Planet. So I can not support your call.
That's my only problem with the re-releasing of old sets: I'll probably have
the original already and I can not get a go-ahead from my gf to order sets
that I already have :-) But there are still some Classic Space sets that I
need to become Space-Complete:
6804, 6862, 6780, etc.
Now if they were to release any of those... :-)))
Or how about all those 'Europe- and/or US-only sets?

I hope that they'll release large sets, like maybe the 6991 Monorail
Transport base or even 6990.

Those are great, but rather large sets to re-release. Think about the
shipping costs if you order a 6990.

I'd also really like to see some of Blacktron I make an appearance.

Hear hear! Blacktron is one of the few themes I can never have enough of.
Even my gf likes those enough to let me by extras.

~Adam

Mark - all of the statements above are NOT given to me by the voices in my
head - de Kock
Personally, I would like for all of the Lego Space sets to be reintroduced.
I am also trying to make a new Space theme but the Legos I have so far makes
my vehicles, which are good in design, appear as if they were created by the
Partridge Family.  I think that Legoland Space and Futuron/Futureworld are
of the same set in the same manner as Blacktron I/II and Space Police I/II.
The logo for both series is the same and I am also starting to suspect that
the Space Police I sets were originally part of Futuron/Futureworld.  I
believe that it is quite odd that Lugnet has every set of Lego Space except
for Exploriens.  Maybe the Exploriens models are not as expansive in their
structure as Space Police or Ice Planet 2002 but they deserve their
recognition and I personally like the designs of the Exploriens sets.  I
could only get two measly sets of Ice Planet 2002 and yet I managed to
receive a Galactic Mediator and a Rebel Hunter from Space Police II.  I, to
this day, am kicking myself for not buying a Deep Freeze Defender and for
not protecting the pitiful collection of Legos that I owned at that time in
my life.  Did you or another person say that you lacked the set known as
Deep Freeze Defender (the large Ice Planet 2002 space vessel)?  Lugnet has
instructions on that set.
Jesse Long