 Space / 9099
Re: Varied Terrain Vehicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald writes:
I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!  :)

Heh heh! You may rise, my dear fellow, rise.

Originally, I was going to try and hinge the thing to make it really easy to
open, but I had to use pins because the back slopes inward. The back seems
to be the only good place to put hinges. I think also that pins make the
vehicle more stable if one wants to roll it around and play with it.

Yeah, it looks pretty solid and very realistic. I like the fact that you
considered playability too! :) I'm always "whooshing" stuff around, looking
at it from all angles and making sound effects (until my wife walks in and
starts shaking her head like I'm insane).

I tried to stay in a presentable color scheme, and about the only thing I'd
change would be the rear ramp which needs to be grey, not beige.

It seems right, though, kinda gives it the dirty and dusty effect.

While I've got your attention, let me take a moment to mutually scratch your
back and say I've been impressed by your stuff. I don't have the time to
plan anything like what you build.

Hmmm, I dunno, from what I've seen I think you could easily come up with
some kick ass big spaceship designs. Yeah, it's time consuming but you just
work as you go along and one idea leads to the next. I really think my stuff
looks like more than what it really is because of the big baseplates.

Dan