 Space / 8987
Re: Interior modeling techniques?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:43:01 GMT

William R Ward at bill@wards.net wrote:

How do you all do it?  Do you plan the internal floorplan in advance,
and build the exterior to suit it?  Do you build the exterior and add
interior pieces in the result?  Some combination of the two?  I tend
to build ships with wide open spaces inside, then find difficulty
adding interior walls, wall-mounted fixtures, etc., without having to
disassemble the whole thing.  But doing the interior first strikes me
as wrong too.  What's the best way?

I don't think there is necessarily a "best" way. On MOCs, I usually build
the exterior and then fill the interior to suit it, with perhaps a minor
amount of planning during construction to be sure the interior space is
adequate for minifigs. Sometimes I plan out where the doors or windows will
be, but generally I'm pretty free-form with the whole deal. Of course,
sometimes this comes back to bite me in the bricks if I have to partially
disassemble something to integrate an interior feature, but that's just how
it goes. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations