 Space / 8985
  Interior modeling techniques?

I'm afraid I've never mastered the art of interior design, when it comes to Lego craft. Seeing some of the models, most recently Bram's latest wonder, has made me really want to work on improving that. I like to think I do a good job on the (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) I don't think there is necessarily a "best" way. On MOCs, I usually build the exterior and then fill the interior to suit it, with perhaps a minor amount of planning during construction to be sure the interior space is adequate for minifigs. (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) I tend to think that the exterior of my models aren't quite there, so to speak. I don't have the skill to make the lines that look so nice. Maybe in a while I will be to that point... (...) My personal procedure is to plan the interior so I at (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) Bill, I'm fairly new to the cramming as much detail into my models train of thought also. Like you I was content with a good exterior with some control sticks and a computer on the interior. I really never designed much more than a sparse (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) <snipped> (...) Hi Bill! I don't have a lot of experience, myself, with interior designs. Or exterior for that matter.. :) I used to build things that looked like crumby knock-offs of the Galaxy Explorer - narrow, long, and boxey. The Taranis (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) I tend to build in stages. I'll build a quick version of the exterior to judge how big a model can be. Then, when I have a better idea of size, I'll design the interior separately. Then I'll build the final version of both the interior and (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) I usually build about half of the exterior and then start on the interior. I built most of my cars, for example, from the bumper pack. When I get to the center of the car, I buils some of the interior to make sure everything will fit. I finish (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) I will have a basic idea of what sort of interior I want before I start. I usually build the bottom half of the ships hull and then begin adding the interior layout. The interior and exterior then grow at the same pace and I begin to work out (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Interior modeling techniques?

(...) , snip , (...) I am not a master builder, but I've though about the thought process behind designing models quiet a bit. In the case of designing my UH-60 Helochopter, The exterior walls are shared as interior walls (1 stud thick) -- so I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.space)