 Space / 637
Re: M:Tron VS. Ice Planet.............
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:35:21 GMT

Andrew Knowles <powerone@slic.com> wrote in message
news:FLzIz2.Hn1@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, John VanZwieten writes:

Chimera <trinityproject@hotmail.com> wrote in message
He he who would win? Lets say M:Tron got mad at ice planet & fought • them..Who
would win? Oh yeah & as for the stuff bout blacktron....I see your • point! I
had never seen that weird ship till you showed it out...that gives me an • idea..
WHO WOULD WIN THE WAR?

I'm not a big fan of M-tron.  I think it is the weakest of the space • series.
The only thing M-tron was good for was introducing us to magnets and neon • green
pieces.

Do you have many of these sets?  Both the Celestial Forager and the MCM have
very cool articulation/steering mechanisms.  IMO, black and red with gray and
neon green is a great color scheme.  The theme has a nice variety of
different vehicles:  small, medium, and large wheeled vehicles, small,
medium, and large space ships, and even a helecopter (which is one of my
favorite space sets).  The only thing M:Tron is missing is a base.  But the
MCM is essentially a mobile base.

As far as who would win?  Well, everyone seems to forget that the ice
planet is extremely WINDY and COLD!!!!!  The vehicles there have been • specially
adapted to function in that environment.  M-tron vehicles, while well • equipped
for space travel (where it is also very cold) would be unable to function • well
in such a place.  Any ground assaults would be ineffective due to the snow.

Are you suggesting the 15 feet diameter MCM wheels couldn't make it through a
snow drift?

Air battles would favour Ice Planet because their vehicles are better • suited to
fly in an unfavorable atmosphere.

I disagree.  Most of the planets which are worthwhile to mine have extremely
unfavorable climates.  Since they are space-going vessels, M:Tron ships would
be able to take the cold, while Ice Planet ships would not likely be able to
withstand the searing temperatures of M:Tron mining colonies.

Bottom line: Ice planet would kick M-tron's a** right out of the lego • universe.

Not likely.  Ice Planet's offensive capabilities are essentially limited to
strategic missiles, which are just not very effective in an age of
space-based laser defenses.

At best Ice Planet could defend their own icy planet using missiles from
their bases and mobile rocket launchers.  But how long are they going to last
on that planet without energy resources supplied by the M:Tron Corporation?

-John Van