 Space / 630
Re: M:Tron VS. Ice Planet.............
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:21:46 GMT

Chimera <trinityproject@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FLpsKz.M88@lugnet.com...
He he who would win? Lets say M:Tron got mad at ice planet & fought • them..Who
would win? Oh yeah & as for the stuff bout blacktron....I see your point! I
had never seen that weird ship till you showed it out...that gives me an • idea..
WHO WOULD WIN THE WAR?

In a short war I'd give the edge to Ice Planet b/c of their heavy missiles.
You don't really think those babies are _just_ for deploying satelites, do
you?

In a longer campaign, M:Tron wins easy due to more and better-armed ships and
much greater resource base.

For ground combat, yeah Ice Planet has the chainsaws, but M:Tron's got
flamethrowers!

Here's a comparison of each side's spacecraft:

M:TRON
------------

Stellar Recon Voyager
Price:            42,000 Credits
Armament:  2 forward heavy lasers, 1 heavy magnetic pulse cannon
Speed:         Good--2 large+2 medium thrusters
Maneuverability:  Good--Upper positioning thrusters

Particle Ionizer
Price:             24,000 Credits
Armament:  1 Gausse autocannon, 4 plasma cannon
Speed:          Average(Space-2 medium, 4 small thrusters)/Good(Atmosphere-2
medium, 4 small thrusters plus turbochaged rotor)
Maneuverability:  Good(Space)/Excellent(Atmosphere)

Vector Detector
Price:            Unknown
Armament:  2 small mass drivers
Speed:         Good(4 small thrusters)
Maneuverability:  Excellent(4 wing-mounted thrusters, 2 pair wide wings)

Pulsar Charger
Price:             3,000 Credits
Armament:  2 plasma cannon
Speed:          Good(1 medium thruster)
Maneuverability:  Good(Medium thrusters, lower maneuvering thrusters)

And the kicker:
Secret Space Voyager
Price:          ~40,000 Credits
Armament:  2 heavy lasers, 4 plasma cannon, 1 heavy Gausse autocannon, 2
self-guided missiles
Speed:          Poor(4 medium, 2 small thrusters)
Maneuverability:  Poor(Space)/Average(Atmosphere)

Ice Planet
--------------

Deep Freeze Defender
Price:           49,000 Credits
Armament:  1 Strategic Missile, 2 heavy lasers, 2 missile launchers
      Plus:  2 Fighters with 2 mass drivers each
Speed:          Excellent(14 medium, 6 small thrusters)
Maneuverability:  Good(14 medium, 6 small thrusters + 2 maneuvering
thrusters)

Snow Scooter
Price:              2,000 Credits
Armament:  2 mass drivers
Speed:          Excellent(2 medium thrusters)
Maneuverability:  Excellent(thrusters wide-mounted)

A comparison of ground craft will follow tommorrow.

-John Van