 Space / 5200
Re: First Test of the Spamcake Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:51:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  BWAAAAA!  I think I lived with the same guy my first year of
  grad school!  Although, he would pan-fry his--leave it there
  to get nice and crispy and yellowish-brown on the bottom, and
  then flip it over...it did smell for all the world like burning
  plastic.

Oh, please- you guys are way over the top.  There's nothing sinister about
pan-frying Spam.  That's the first step towards Spambled eggs- which is a
breakfast that my kids really like.

You think I'm kidding, don't you?

I've never thought of Spam smelling like burned plastic or rubber.  If I had
to describe fried Spam, I'd liken it to bacon.  The texture is more like
McNuggets, but the flavor is bacon.  You get the saltiest bacon you can
find, cook it, and then dip it in salt while it's still greasy and set it
down gently so as not to knock off that salt.  Once it congeals... you might
as well be eating Spam.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

...who just finished his first spiffcraft