 Space / 5202
Re: First Test of the Spamcake Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 18:48:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner writes:

Oh, please- you guys are way over the top.  There's nothing sinister about
pan-frying Spam.  That's the first step towards Spambled eggs- which is a
breakfast that my kids really like.

You think I'm kidding, don't you?

More like "pray you're kidding".

I've never thought of Spam smelling like burned plastic or rubber.

Sorry, here your experience and mine differs.  I had nothing against Spam in
theory until this guy insisted on cooking it.  Made the common area (this was a
suite of rooms in college, not an apartment) unlivable for about an hour after
he was done.  I have no idea why, I don't claim to, but it smelled like burning
rubber or plastic to me.

You get the saltiest bacon you can
find, cook it, and then dip it in salt while it's still greasy and set it
down gently so as not to knock off that salt.  Once it congeals... you might
as well be eating Spam.

Heh!

eric