 Space / 4789
Re: 2001 In Rome, GA... If it's here it's everywhere....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:57:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
Another question... do we think humans are the enemy in this theme?  They
seem to be the invader on Mars against these cute little aliens.

Chris <><
Interesting.  It DOES say life on Mars.  Does this mean it's life on Mars
before colonization?  Notice, though, that all the human sets are rovers and
other "harmless" machines.  With the exception of the Mono Jet and the laser
mounted on it.  To me it looks more like the Martians are the
miltary-oriented.  7311 has a laser-like device on it, 7313's "arms" could
be anti-aircraft lasers, 7314 has a flamethrower (in an oxygen-deprived
enviroment?)

It appears that TRU in Columbus, OH (Sawmill Rd for those here in town) only
has 7315 and 7316 so far. I didn't notice any other new stuff as yet.
(xposted accordingly - I think..! <G>)

Of a curious note to your oxygen deprived environment, looking at the
catalogue scans - I just noticed that the closeup of the astronaut on this page:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2001/c01am-100dpi/c01am-10.html

as well as the astronaut shown in set 7310 have bare hands... Apparently
'they' have decided that, while oxygen deprived, it's not a toxic
environment to get one's hands dirty in, yet they need the rest of an
environmental suit... *scratches head* pondrous.

*snipped*

Joel