 Space / 4584
  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Jon Palmer wrote in message ... (...) Do (...) If I do listen to music while I'm building it's typically an eclectic, random mix of my favourite songs, no particular decade or style, that I have compiled over the last couple of years. Classical, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

I'm kind of partial to Jupiter. It has a BIG, majestic sound. :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ... (...) which (...) of (...) Oh, agreed - that's my second favourite in the suite. When I hear the bit where the horns repeat the eight-bar phrase over, but deeper and louder each time, I always picture a panning (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Actually, of Holst, I really enjoy the Jupiter suite. It's sort of has that feel like a triumphant return of the forces that fought in the Mars suite. I do like Mars, a real lot, it's the one everyone seems to know. What I really like about it is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

I was going to say I like Jupiter a whole lot too. It always at once reminded me of the god and the planet. I guess that was how it was supposed to be though. Anyway great music. -Jon "Wayne McCaul" <wmccaul@horizonhouse.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

Wayne McCaul wrote in message ... (...) My interpretation is that the ending of Mars seems like the moment where one combatant is mortally wounded, and the victor stands over them and looks them coolly in the eye, perhaps gloating a bit, and then (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Man, I have to tell you that I lost this CD awhile ago when I moved, but I just ran out and bought it after talking about it. Here's what I enjoy doing (and have been doing): Play Mars and I imagine a massive space battle, with gigantic captial (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) Naw, it's ok. I actually like your decription. Sounds good to me. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

Wayne McCaul wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Then (...) Actually, the scenario I imagined for "Mars" is very similar, in fact almost the same, right up until the end of the quiet bit where they are about to recommence their attack on each (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

Have you guys ever heard Mars done by Emerson, Lake and Powell (not Palmer)? It's a great version. I remember creating a dramatic liftoff scene and ensuing battle just over the planet earth to Mars. Wow, it's kinda neat to see other's with the same (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) All through school and college I was in symphonic bands (I used to play trumpet). Mars is a really fun piece to play--sitting in the middle of the band with trombones and tubas behind you pumping out that bass line. It's a very high energy (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What do you listen too while building?

(...) I remember being very appreciative of the video game 'Outpost' 'casue it had 'Mars' as its underlying songtrack. People who say classical music is boring and mundane haven't listened to 'The Planets' at all. Close your eyes and let your (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.space)