 Space / 39840
Re: Steampunk diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:31:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi all,

Recently I was looking through the CSF stampunk inspirations galleries and found this picture. I thought this was pretty cool since it combined a train, some town and some pipes. Rather than using it for inspiration, I decided to mimic it, with a coupld of changes to make my life easier. Anyway, enough story, here

BS gallery

Please let me know what you think, criticism is more than acceptable.

Tim

That’s a pretty decent rendition, although I think there’s too much gray. Also, that sign on top with the chinese character looks a bit weak. I’ve done some kanji signage myself, and I would have probably done only the bottom half of it.

This pic comes from a charming little site with some steampunk-flavored flash videos and art. You should check it out, and hopefully we’ll make a steampunk convert out of you!