 Space / 38284
Re: What's the hardest part of an MOC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 01:14:31 GMT

Hello!

For me the hardest part is to connect two seperately developed modules. Since I
haven't built any noteworthy space MOC yet I can only speak of Castle MOCs, so
e.g. if I have a concept for a gate and build it and I have a concept for a rear
tower and build it it's hard for me to connect the two. The whole building
process stagnates because I don't have the verve to start building the links
between the two (or more) finished parts, and often building those links is
sheer bricolage...

In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:
The building process greatly resembles my writing process.  I'll squeeze out
some terribly mediocre text and then finesse it up in the editing.  MOC's
develop the same way.  I'll cobble together something that's ugly and flimsy
as all get out, then spend the majority of the time tearing down and
rebuilding until I'm satisfied.

That's exactly how I'm building, too.

Bye
Jojo