 Space / 38288
Re: What's the hardest part of an MOC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 04:00:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adam Skelding wrote:
   For me, it is when you get about two thirds the way through, and start to have this feeling that you may not have enough brick to finish it the way you want.

That’s when I place my first BrickLink order...
   So then you get about three quarters the way through, and you start to realize that you are building 6x12 plates out of (3) 2x10 plates with a 2x6 plate at one end, scabbed together with a 2x4 plates on the bottom.

Second order...
   Four fifths the way through you start taking the MOC back apart, saying “Well
   I could an orange piece here, nobody will see it,”

Third order.
   and then take the corosponding grey piece and use it over here...At Finnally
   at the 95% stage,

By now, the first package has arrived, and I have plenty of parts.
   you are looking hungrily around at your models that are already built, saying “Well I probably could take this apart, I didn’t really love this model anyway...” • Then the second box arrives... Sometimes it is a never ending battle.

Hi Mom, and send more brick!

Adam.

Next thing I know, I’m swimming in parts for the *last* project!

Tim (Smith)