 Space / 38273
38272  |  38274
Subject:
What's the hardest part of an MOC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 07:33:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For me, it's always the beginning.  Even though I did a few sketches this
time to keep me focused, I still have the most difficult time just getting a
shape together.  Sometimes I wish I had a small bubble of zero gravity above
my desk so that I could arrange pieces without connecting them.  Wouldn't
that just be the bees knees?

The building process greatly resembles my writing process.  I'll squeeze out
some terribly mediocre text and then finesse it up in the editing.  MOC's
develop the same way.  I'll cobble together something that's ugly and flimsy
as all get out, then spend the majority of the time tearing down and
rebuilding until I'm satisfied.

How 'bout you?

Dave