 Space / 37769
Re: Eastern Block - Support Frigate Alyeska
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:42:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason Whittenburg wrote:
   Truth is, I got bored so it’s probally not done but it is done. I learned a lot while building this ship and have ideas for the ship to replace this one. So I’ll be building that soon but wanted to at least document this as I will need the parts for the next one. :-) Oh and yes, I know the engine sucks, and she has no butt...

Me babbling: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7046

Just the pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112008

This has some really neat stuff going on. For some reason, it looks to me kinda like the upper bridge section for a really big ship. The dark grey greebling along the sides looks particularly good, and I love the random mix of printed tiles on the back wall of the bridge. There are indeed a number of places where it could be fairly easily improved... I very much look forward to your sequel.

I have started a number of largish projects that look like they’ll never get finished (go ahead, ask the GAMH about it). I know exactly how it feels to have a large project with many hours invested and to know that you aren’t likely to finish it. I hope you are able to finish the next one to your satisfaction.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com