 Space / 37765
37764  |  37766
Subject:
Eastern Block - Support Frigate Alyeska
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:29:31 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Greetings comrades,

The Support Frigate “Alyeska” is the oldest ship in its class and is due to be retired soon. It’s primary role is the service, repair and refuling of the smaller ships of the fleet. The Alyeska can service up to four SLICE fighters and one ZOG31 simultaneously. While she is very lightly armed, utilizing 4 Medium FRAM cannons, the Alyeska is not a front line combat vessel. The Alyeska’s greatest advantage is her FTL drive which allows it to get to where the need is. With the 3vil invasion, the FTL drive has allowed the Alyeska has also be used as an escort carrier, deploying fighter groups to needed locations and battle fronts.

Truth is, I got bored so it’s probally not done but it is done. I learned a lot while building this ship and have ideas for the ship to replace this one. So I’ll be building that soon but wanted to at least document this as I will need the parts for the next one. :-) Oh and yes, I know the engine sucks, and she has no butt...

Me babbling: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7046

Just the pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112008