 Space / 37781
Re: Eastern Block - Support Frigate Alyeska
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:34:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Jason Whittenburg wrote:
   Truth is, I got bored so it’s probally not done but it is done. I learned a lot while building this ship and have ideas for the ship to replace this one. So I’ll be building that soon but wanted to at least document this as I will need the parts for the next one. :-) Oh and yes, I know the engine sucks, and she has no butt...

Me babbling: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/7046

Just the pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112008

This has some really neat stuff going on. For some reason, it looks to me kinda like the upper bridge section for a really big ship. The dark grey greebling along the sides looks particularly good, and I love the random mix of printed tiles on the back wall of the bridge. There are indeed a number of places where it could be fairly easily improved... I very much look forward to your sequel.

I have started a number of largish projects that look like they’ll never get finished (go ahead, ask the GAMH about it). I know exactly how it feels to have a large project with many hours invested and to know that you aren’t likely to finish it. I hope you are able to finish the next one to your satisfaction.

This is the first ship bigger than a fighter I’ve built. So, I’m not really suprised at my fading interest in finishing it off,. I learned so much, I want to get on to the next thing. :-) I have about 4 weeks or sorting to do before I start on the next one. I really need to get everythign sorted and packed fior the upcoming move. But I will be bringing this to the next DixieLUG meeting for everyone to see.

-Jason