 Space / 37525
Re: Memories..la...di...da (a finer point)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:34:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   Space didn’t begin until 1979.
So, um, would that make it pre-Classic Space? (not PCS)

It would seem so.

To pick a nit further, 462 Rocket Launcher, 483 Space Cruiser, 493 Space Command Center, 885 Space Scooter, and the minifig packs from 1978 weren’t officially “Space” until they were grouped into that theme.

I would probably just call 1978 sets “pre-Space” because it was space-related before any of the official Space theme, “classic” or otherwise. By that token you could probably even include the Lunar Lander set.

-Tom McD.
http://www.spamcake.com